Littelfuse Introduces First Fuse Certified under UL913 Standard for Intrinsically Safe Apparatus
Designed for 125V applications in electrical equipment used in hazardous locations
The Littelfuse PICO® 259-UL913 Series Intrinsically Safe Fuse is the first and only Fuse to be certified under the latest revision of the UL 913 Safety Standard. The use of devices that are certified to be Intrinsically Safe (IS) is a requirement of operating electronic equipment in potentially explosive areas. This range of encapsulated, hermetically sealed fuses is ideal for 125V applications in the oil, gas, mining, chemical, pharmaceutical, and food/beverage processing industries. The PICO® 259-UL913 Series Fuse and its encapsulant prevent heat and sparks from being exposed to potentially explosive gases or dust in the environment. The Fuse is suitable for use in intrinsically safe apparatus for voltages not exceeding 125Vrms (190V peak).
The PICO® 259-UL913 Series Fuse is suitable for use in testing, measuring or processing electronic and electrical equipment, motor controllers, lighting, communication handsets, flow meters, process control and automation, sensors and other intrinsically safe apparatus designed to operate in these hazardous locations.
- Hermetically sealed, encapsulated design
- Well suited for 125V applications
- Current rating options from 62mA to 5A
- Designed for operation in a range of hazardous environments
- RoHS compliant
- The fuse encapsulation prevents heat and sparks from being exposed to the hazardous gases or dust in the environment
- Eliminates the need for an additional potting, epoxy, or encapsulation process for the fuse, thereby reducing total product cost
- Increases overall safety of the apparatus, which enhances protection of human life in hazardous operating environments